Background

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs 2 Homeschooling Agenda

This week’s theme is about sharing your 2008-09 homeschool agendas and plans. You’ve been preparing your plans for sometime and you’re ready to go. Or you’re still in the planning-stage and need some inspiration or tips on what to use. Because many use different curriculum and methods there is always something new to be gleaned from other homeschoolers. It’s always fun and interesting to see what other’s are using and the WWWWH as Robin Sampson suggests. So this week I hope you will share what you’re doing this year for your homeschool agenda. Share the different curriculum you’re using. You can also include what age/grade you’re using it for, how long you’ve been using it, and why you like it.

Please share a Bible verse that has encouraged you or inspired you during this planning-process, and how.





Agenda? We're supposed to have an agenda? LOL!! Well, this is my first year and while searching for the perfect curriculum and asking my fellow homeschooling mommy friends lots of questions I decided to go with the 2nd Grade Abeka Curriculm. I am liking it ok so far. My husband who was also homeschooled really wants me to look into Saxon Math, she loves Math and so does he....I HATED MATH in school! So sometime soon I am going to look into getting the Saxon Math for 2nd grade, until then I will be using Abeka.

With Gracee, (she's 4) I am kinda making up my own stuff. I used to teach Pre-K so I am going to use some of the stuff from that. We started with letters. She knows that her name is Gracee and it's spelled G R A C E E but she doesn't recognized those letters. So that is what we are working on right now. Recognizing her letters and numbers. We are also reviewing colors and shapes and patterns. And of course learning how to write those letters and numbers.

Other than this I don't really have any agendas or plans. I am kinda just learning my way around and figuring out what works for us best. I did join a homeschooling support group and I am excited about that.

It's been a challenge with my 20 month old. But we are learning and so is she. If anyone has any pointers on what to do with younger siblings I'd love them! :)

2 comments:

  1. I've always had a toddler running around lol. My best advice is to put together some special table time activities. These can only be used when your doing school with the other children and switch them every 20 min or so. Also have a reading time with the kids and include the little one. Some one on one play "school" time with Mommy makes them feel great!
    Kim
    www.homesteadblogger.com/homesteadacres

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a good year! :)

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete