Background

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Homeschool Memoirs #1

I signed up for this Homeschool Blogger Class call Homeschool Memoirs. So if you would like to know more about our family and homeschooling please follow along. I will warn ya though, I am not the best writer! :)



The first theme begins today, August 20th, 2008. This week, we want to hear about YOU. The author behind the words. The Momma behind all the homeschooling kiddos. Just write up something about you, your family, and your home. How long you’ve been homeschooling and why you decided to homeschool. It doesn’t have to be anything lengthy at all, but we’d love to hear it! You might include a family photo too!

I am Holly, I'm 26 and married to the most awesome hubby ever for the last 8 years!! We have three daughters together! Kalee is 7, Gracee is 4 and Avree is 20 months. We lived in GA for 5 years while my hubby served in the Military and 3 years ago we moved back to be closer to family! We are enjoying being here close to family but miss all of our friends in GA.

This is our first year of homeschooling. Homeschooling had been weighing on my heart and mind for the past 2 years so I prayed about it and decided that it was what I was supposed to do. I am excited and nervous all in one! My daughters are excited too and were asking me everyday when were we going start so I just went ahead and started and they are loving it. And so far so am I! I am excited to get to talk about our journey with other homeschooling moms and look forward and welcome ANY advice!!

Here are some pics:

This is Kalee and she is a sweetheart! She is a great big sister and loves to help her mommy and loves to be the younger girls 2nd "mommy" even though sometimes they don't like that. She has a big heart and LOVES learning and reading! She also LOVES reading to her little sister and sometimes they like it too. When Avree was born you could find Kalee reading to her all the time. It was and still is so sweet!


This is Gracee and she is my girly girl. She loves to dress-up and put "makeup" on and she LOVES dressing her baby sister up! She is very loving. She lets you know what she wants and will stop at nothing to get what she wants and that usually gets her into some trouble from time to time.


This is Avree, she is my youngest and I can't believe that she is almost 2. Just makes me want to cry. She still loves to cuddle and give lots of kisses everyday all day whenever I want them! She loves her sisters and loves to play with them.


And I guess I will post a picture of me and my hubby before heading off to bed:

8 comments:

  1. Enjoyed getting to know you by reading your post. I'm looking forward to reading more. Our house is also a girly one as we have four daughters. Also we live in GA rather close to one of the bases there so have many military friends.

    We're entering our second year of homeschooling and we've been so blessed. I wish you the best of luck with your year!

    P.S: Your blog template is beautiful!!! Mine really needs a makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your first memoir! I wonder what they will have us doing next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to meet you and your family. For some reason your photos didn't appear for me, this seems to be happening a lot but not with every blog.

    Glad to hear that your girls are so excited to begin homeschooling, that always makes things easier. =)

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was drawn to your blog entry like a moth to light. Something about your name made it stand out amongst the other hundred plus meme entries....
    Many Blessings,
    Holly@aiminghigh
    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/aiminghigh

    P.S. Enjoyed having a peak at you and will gladly read other entries as the memoir assignments continue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful family and a beautiful blog. Every child we have ever run into thinks my kids are the luckiest for being able to homeschool. It is so precious how children desire to be at home with their parents and to have their parents at home with them. What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sooo awesome that you're homeschooling. I was homeschooled until High School and LOVED it and plan to homeschool Raemia when she is older as well. It's such a fantastic way to learn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was sweet! Good luck with your first year of homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I'm also a 26 year old first year homeschool mom! I am glad to meet another mom of the same age! Your girls are precious, I have only one girl, the other two boys, so I keep plenty of hot wheels around!

    ReplyDelete