Background

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Blogging for Breast Cancer!! 4/14/2010

I will start this post by saying...I HATE CANCER!!! Any kind of cancer! Tonight I am blogging about breast cancer. It affects lots of men and women. In 2005 I met a special women who had breast cancer. She was one of the sweetest women I had EVER met. She had two beautiful children and a huge family that loved her to pieces. I followed her story for 2 years. Prayed for her and her family. In 2007 she lost her battle with breast cancer after living with it for 5 years. She was only 34 years old when she passed away. She had two young children. It broke my heart when she passed away. I was broken hearted for her and her children and family. My husband and I walked in the Susan G. Komen 5k. We walked for her. We are still friends with a lot of her family and I continue to pray for them everyday and everyone who is affected by this horrible disease.

Today I am blogging for boobies all around the world....for all those MEN and WOMEN who have been affected or touched by breast cancer!!
Today we are participating in a HUGE Breast Cancer Blogging Event! Hundreds of blogs around the globe today are encouraging our readers to take a moment out of your day and donate $5 or $10 to Jacqueline Reitz, a Breast Cancer 3 Day walker. Jackie is a fellow blogger based out of Dallas, and she's on the 3day team "Betties for Boobies". While the original hope was to include over 300 blogs, only time will tell how many have participated, so be sure to check out the www.bettiesforboobies.com blog tomorrow for more information.
If just ONE of the readers from each of the 300 blogs takes a moment and donates $10, that will raise over $3,000.00 in the fight against Breast Cancer. AMAZING!
So help us out. Let's make this a tremendous success. Head on over to Jackie's fund raising page (it's all tax deductible!) at http://www.the3day.org/goto/jackier and send her some donation love! Totals will be posted on the team's blog tomorrow, to see what an impact we were all able to make!

I hope you will consider donating to this cause today! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment