Background

Monday, April 12, 2010

1 Month Old

I can't believe my baby boy is One Month Old.....it's already going by so quickly! The first few weeks were tiring and still are. Being a mom of four keeps me busy and on my toes!! At four days old my awesome midwives came to do a follow up appointment with Pax and I. My midwife that missed my birth got to meet my little man! She told us on that day that he looked a little jaundice and to keep an eye on it and put him in the window as much as we could. So we did that but a couple of days later his eyes started turning a little yellow and caused us some concern. So we called and made an appt with a new pedi and took him in. The did a blood draw and his levels were at 19....which is really high. So I was told to keep him in the window for natural sunlight and nurse him as much as possible. Well, that was on a Friday and that weekend was the first weekend of Spring so you would think that there would be lots of sunlight and it would be nice right?!?!!? Wrong!! It was March 20 and it was SNOWING in TEXAS....overcast all weekend...go figure. So I just nursed him as much as I possibly could, I had to do lots of waking him up. LOL!! We had to go back a few more times but his levels were thankfully coming down and he was fine. At his two week appointment he weighed 8lbs 13 oz. So we did another weight check at three weeks to make sure he was gaining and he weighed 9lbs 10oz. I am sure he weighs even more now!! He is already starting to grow out of his 0-3 months clothes and he barely fit into newborn diapers as it was! He smiles all the time at his sisters, daddy and I. Over this last month he even went to his first soccer game. A lot has happened in his first month of life. I guess that is what happens when you have three older sisters who are already SUPER SUPER busy!



1 comment:

  1. Time is going SO fast! I swear you JUST had him!!

    ReplyDelete